In today's world, investors and corporate talent build their careers and business success globally. The Pearl Cohen Global Mobility Group guides the migration of both expatriates and international investors world-wide. At our uniquely internationally oriented firm, the Global Mobility team has long-standing know-how and experience in all matters related to immigration, international employment law and related tax planning issues.
We offer our clients tailor-made solutions allowing them to manage the mobility of their talent to protect both employee rights and corporate interests.
Our multidisciplinary team provides professional guidance for cross-border relocation, both incoming and outgoing. We advise our clients on:
- Obtaining and advising temporary and permanent visas, internationally, and in particular regarding the US and Israel.
- Obtaining Permanent Resident Status or strategic planning to maintain Lawful Permanent Resident Status or eligibility for naturalization (such as in the US).
- Assistance with issues relating to U.S. citizenship, naturalization or Lawful Permanent Resident Status, resulting in the conclusion of tax filing requirements.
- Advising companies regarding employer-employee status in relation to the employee’s relocation.
- Drafting employment offers, employment agreements and relocation agreements in accordance with both domestic and foreign employment and immigration legislation.
- Advising employees departing on a foreign assignment (e.g., obtaining visas for the employees’ family members)
- Advising on issues associated with transfer of rights and fringe benefits to relocated employees (e.g., transfer of options between companies)
- Planning and guidance of employee tax residency
- Streamlining of cross-border income, benefits and employee options
- Neutralization impact double taxation & departure-country issues
- Strategic corporate and personal tax planning 'expatriations'
- Guidance personal income tax filings and supporting opinions
- Close coordination taxation with legal counsel both in 'host' and 'exit' countries
Clients who already rely on the experience of our Global Mobility team range from start-ups, to large international expatriation organizations and publicly traded companies.